A classic Cape Town event combining the mountain and city in a unique, tough and fun challenge.
First completed by CW Schneeberger in 1897, the challenge starts from 108 Long Street and runners ascend Devil’s Peak, Table Mountain (to Maclear’s Beacon, via Platteklip Gorge) and Lion’s Head, returning to Greenmarket Square after each peak.
The Three Peaks Challenge is traditionally run on the first Saturday of November.
- Limited to 150 people.
- Distance: ± 50 kms.
- Start: 5.00 am, from 108 Long Street, Cape Town
- Cut-off: 14 hours (7.00 pm)
- No qualification necessary, but there is a long waiting list for entries
Record: Andre Calitz: 04:50:21 (2012)
2017 THREE PEAKS CHALLENGE
Date: Saturday, 4th of November 2017
Entry fee: R640.00
The majority of entries will be allocated according to the waiting list*. The balance will be made up of:
- a certain (limited) amount of people who have permanent numbers
- those who are going for their permanent numbers i.e. five finishes
- those going for other milestones i.e. ten, fifteen, twenty finishes etc.
- the top 3 men and women from 2016
- a certain amount of invited people: dedicated past-helpers or those who, at the discretion of the organisers, warrant entry
* The waiting list extends, potentially, to the year 2019 and beyond. Entry criteria are currently being revised and are expected to come into effect in time for the 2018 event.
PLEASE NOTE: ALL 150 ENTRIES FOR THE 2017 THREE PEAKS CHALLENGE HAVE ALREADY BEEN ALLOCATED (see waiting lists).
For anybody joining the waiting list now, any chance of an entry for 2017 will depend on the amount of people ahead of you on the waiting list being available or not, or the number of people who drop out of the event closer to the time.
Important – should you get the opportunity to take part:
Once you have completed the event – or withdraw during the event – you will need to request, in writing, to the organisers, to rejoin the waiting list at the bottom of the list. This must be done after the cut-off at 19h00 on the day of the event and not while the event is still being run.
GENERAL WAITING LIST as at 30 September 2017. It will be updated by the end of October 2017.
WAITING LIST 2017 as at 20 October 2017. It will be updated by Friday 27 October 2017 with daily updates on the top ten.